View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: costa rica and thailand

[ QUOTE ]
going to both these places pretty soon, anyone been to either of those? tell me about them the more detail the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got back from Costa Rica yesterday. It was freaking sweet. It's pretty easy to get around and all the locals (they're called Ticos) are friendly. They don't hassle tourists like a lot of other countries.

There's not much to do during the day in San Jose, but El Pueblo at night is pretty sweet. There are tons of clubs and restaurants and they're all open till around 4am. We went to a place called Twister which was cool, but the bar called Friends sucked.

Whitewater rafting was really cool, and I'd definitely recommend the canopy tours. I also hung out in Jaco for a day. Beaches there sucked, surf was really good, nightlife was good but there were a lot of pro's. I spent the rest of my trip in Montezuma, which was really cool. Sort of a hippy hideaway, nice beaches and a couple cool bars. You can get away with boardshorts and flipflops basically all day & night. There were a couple cool waterfalls you could hike to as well about a mile outside of town.

Oh, don't forget the airport charges you a $26 exit fee as you leave. They only take Visa or cash for the fee.

Definitely try the Imperial beer too, it's probably like their Budweiser, but it was good.

Pura vida,
KG