View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Multiway nut low, trips with pair on the board

Looks fine.

I might have tried a check-raise of the flop or bet out smaller. You have a monster. However, you bet out large and got called twice. Great. The other two players like their hands.

So you should bet out on the turn like you did since you still have a great hand and it's not likely to blow them both out of the water.

Someone goes all-in and you call. I think jamming question is trivial since you only have $7 left. Basically with $7 anyone with any type of hand will call this either here or on the river. I don't see it makes any difference actually. If you and your opponent both had big stacks you'd want to put in a raise here and start building a side pot. I might 1/2 - 2/3rds pot turn and then if river is okay, pot river.

Generally trips should be played cautiously with PL08 unless you have top trips and the board comes with two high cards. Otherwise, generally it's good to wait to the turn to pull the trigger. Here, as someone has pointed out you have nut low and trips so you're cooking with gas.