View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: What is actually happening

[ QUOTE ]
I have carefully compared the Absolute MGR numbers reported by my affiliate with Poker Tracker. At first the reported numbers did not seem to make any sense but now I am convinced I know what is happening:

1. The daily report is based on hands played from midnight-to-midnight the previous day. This is based on site time which is U.S. Eastern time.

2. MGR is based on total rake divided by number of players receiving cards, just like Party.

3. Bonuses do not affect MGR.

4. The computed MGR numbers are divided by two [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

I figured this out because of a day where I played very few hands and had a very small MGR. I then went pot-by-pot and computed MGR based on number of players at the table etc. The rules described above seem to be the only possible explanation for that daily result.

I then went over another day's results pot-by-pot using these rules and the result exactly matched the reported value.

That was as much pot-by-pot computation as I wanted to do because it is a lot of work. But I approximated all my other daily results using total rake and the average number of players at my tables. I reproduced all of my daily results within a few percent. I'm pretty certain I've got it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have looked at a couple of low-play days myself, and concur with what you have come up with.

It was amusing to have qual'ed for 40 bonus points, and only be credited with $1 of MGR when most of the play was
at 6-max.