View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Multitabling Techniques?

[ QUOTE ]
Some people can do it, some people can't. It's something you get better with over time.

Some people can do 2digit by 2digit multiplication fast in their head naturally, others take the time and learn it as they go. It's just a talent type thing that can be learned to some extent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I think multiplications in your head are done from memory, but that has nothing to do with it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It will take experience, focus and you do need some kind of talent. You need to be able to pay great attention and think fast. But four tables is easy.
I play SNG's, sets of 9 tables, and although that's relatively simple (not much postflop play), I don't have to click fast at all and I can browse 2+2 and still think about individual hands.

[ QUOTE ]

If you are winning at 1, then try winning at 1 while browsing the net, or while chatting with friends whatever. Then play 2 tables, then do 2 tables with distractions etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOooooo! Don't tell him not to focus on his tables! It's a very bad habit of a lot of players to NOT watch their tables. Always try looking at your tables. If you're getting bored either add more tables or focus more on the table. Try to get reads on all players and think through every hand.