Thread: Ethical Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Ethical Dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
knowingly writing a paper which your friend will turn in under his name is grossly unethical

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Kidnapping, torturing and killing an innocent child is grossly unethical. This is neither here nor there. I don't understand why some people insist on making a big deal out of the stupidest most inconsequential things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on your definition of ethical. I would think alot of people would agree that turning in work, in an academic environment, is on balance an unethical act for a variety of reasons (unfair to other students etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

Furthermore, what your friend does with the paper he buys from you is really none of your concern. The ethical problem is between him, the professor and the institution.

In the business world, people "farm out" projects all the time. The person accepting the project is only responsible for completing the project and nothing more.

There is nothing inherently wrong with writing a paper ... indeed, that was the assignment given to a whole class of students, so it unlikely is not an unethical task.

There is something inherently wrong with academic fraud, but that would belong to the student passing the paper off as his own.

That being said, you made a deal with agreed upon terms and a completion date. You should live up to your bargain.