Thread: college
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 11:41 PM

Default college

Hey guys. This is my first post(not reply) in OOT. So, I was looking for some advice, and for a laugh. So, I am a freshman at carnegie mellon, my declared major is math, but I had intended to double or switch into computer science. I have in the past seen beauty in programming, but I saw some ugly [censored] over thanksgiving break when I had to work through tons and tons of code to ultimately give up on fixing a problem that couldnt be identified. This made me hate, for the moment, computer science. My love of math is growing, since I stopped playing online poker because I suck at it, but own live. I have also been getting more sleep. I am now thinking about making my second major physics, instead of comp sci, because I like it, and my pops says physics is about to go through a revolution that math went through a while ago. I'm staying in school instead of going off to a monastery or some [censored] because I'm good at math, but otherwise, I lack deep value of anything, including people, money, school, life, etc.

so, what say ye?