View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: ISOP Cancellation

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it was a bit ahead of its time...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the exact details of what went wrong to result in this decision, but I suspect this is exactly the case.

Online poker is still in its (relative) infancy and many of the sites are still fighting to establish themselves in the marketplace. It seems they aren't quite ready to cooperate for the greater good because it would mean putting aside their own site oriented agendas and working with their competitors in a stage of the game when perhaps it isn't in their best interest (as a business) to do so.

[ QUOTE ]
...and can be reborn down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm certain that jek and granny will make this become a reality when the situation is more favorable. In the limited amount of time I worked with them on this over the last few weeks I know this idea is something they believe in whole-heartedly, but I also know they want to do it correctly. I think their willingness to take a bath on their initial investment (which was a considerable amount) rather than launching a crippled version of the ISOP is a testament to that fact. They don't want the ISOP to just "happen" they want it to be an enormous success and are willing to wait for a better hand to play rather than going all-in right now.

It's a very brave decision that many of us probably wouldn't be willing to make and we should support them for making the right choice, regardless of the consequences. In time (when the poker economy stablizes a bit more and the sites are more receptive to cooperating amongst themselves) I'm confident we'll see the return of the ISOP, it will be worth the wait.

Peace,
J
(My last post as ISOP Media Director [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )