View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: QQ getting raised on the flop

everyone pretty much came to the same conclusion as I did. I was pretty sure the button had just a pair of jacks, though I didnt know what to think about the SB calling. I felt 3-betting now would most likely chase the other player out and would put pressure on the button. If he capped I could be fairly certain he had a big hand, if he just called then I could picture him to have any hand from AJ-KJ-QJ (oh please let a queen hit if he has that) or even something like J10.

The SB calling down worried me as well, but at this level you don't see many people giving up their blinds so he could have such a wide variety of hands.

So reraised, the MP folded and the button and sb called. Now I was fairly confident he had AJ, the sb is only calling so I can't put him on anything onther than some small pair.

Before the turn, I felt that my hand would be good as long as I stay clear of an Ace or King. When the turn came out another rag, I bet out and again was called by both players.

The river was another rag, I lead out one more time and the button calls and the SB calls as well.

I suppose I could post their results in white below.

<font color="white">Button held KJ and the SB held QJ </font> [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]