View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Long shots with odds

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless, if you're talking about wether your bankroll can survive a loss in a particular game, the game is beyond your bankroll, and you shouldn't be there in the first place. If you play NL/PL, you should be able to bust out of the table BI without doing significant harm to your bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]
The example given was a limit scenario. Do you think that Ciaffone frequently plays in games beyond his bankroll?
Here's what i said earlier:
[ QUOTE ]

I went back and looked at that paragraph again, since I hadn't read it for a while. It is the 3rd paragraph in chapter one. He says it is probably a mistake, but his philosophy of passing on longshots with +EV deffinetly caught my attention. The math is the pot is currently 110$ and it cost you 10$ to see the turn. With that right there i've got the pot odds to call w/out even considering the implied odds, my implied odds could actually be as good as 1:17, or even better if my opponent holds a set or a top two pair, the type of player your up against and what he is likely holding would have to come into play to judge this better.

[/ QUOTE ]
He also said and i quote "Drawing to an inside straight is probably a mistake, but not horribly so. Drawing to longshots all evening wil eventually take its toll on your finances"
I really doubt Ciaffone's bankroll is the problem since in the book he has several rules for playing poker, and he touches on this.
So no more bankroll problem replies.