View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: PS $750K super sat - bubble hand, everyone is short

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah - I think you're right, always better to be the aggressor in this situation than the caller. If there was another short stack at the other table, it wouldn't have been an issue for me. But since there was only one short stack who might be able to fold out another orbit, I was worried that I might be facing blinds big enough to put me all in within a couple of hands (once they hit 5K/10K). But yeah, I think it's a fold and push UTG if I have to with a little FE.

ts-

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a regular tournament when you worry about being short stacked. Just fold UTG and fold in the blinds. Then fold your way around again. If you get aces or something, maybe push. If the tournament isn't over by the time you hit the blinds the 2nd time, maybe you will have to defend your blinds. Remember, there are a lot of shorter stacks who will have to make moves before you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betgo is right on the money....I posted a similar post a few months back....and you can see his response. So mad I could spit

I've played a lot of these and have had pretty good success getting to the money by being the aggressor. My original post said to check when the blinds increase and get somebody to blind out...otherwise puke and call. I want to partially withdraw that answer. It is incredibly dependent upon your location on the table and others chip sizes vs their relation to the blinds. I've been in situations where the blinds got so high so fast, nearly everybody in the BB was all in, but nobody could call because they'd be all in too...so it was a matter of folding around until somebody got unlucky. Regardless, Betgo knows a heckuva lot more about these situations than me, so a fold it is.