View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu vs. Joe Cassidy tonight

I understand the reason for changing decks, but a new deck every dealer down (new setup every hour) strike me as unnecesary overkill. YOu can always ask fro a new setup if you find a marked card, but every time the dealer sits down and either has to spread a new deck or wait for a new setup I just see money flyign out of my pocket. Especially in the time charge 30 and 80 games where you're just getting fewer hands per dollar paid. I certainly believe the EV loss waiting for constant deck changes is signficantly higher changing setups every hour than effect of someone markign cards if the decks were changed say every six hours.
I understnad if there are objections to Wynn only making the change once per day and, while I like it I wouldn't mind a compromise at the frequency stated above or even a frequency double that.

Yes sucker, of course you can ask for a setup change if you find a fouled card. Also, I bleive these headsup challenges DN has been doing have a huge potential promotional benefit for the room (similar to the horseshoe all those years ago), and that's obviosuly one of the reasons they are happening. They lose a lot of value in that respect if people can't watch. Also, if this was a huge concern, there are only a couple of places to stand to even have a chance at picking up cards (when there are only two players at the table). You could always make those particular spots off limits.