View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 09:31 AM

Default Re: SIT N GO theory works

[ QUOTE ]
lol, I've had similar experiences. I got 2nd when I tried some $30 limit sng, and I also got 1st when I played a PL holdem game. On stars, I tried some heads up sngs, and did a PL omaha, and a limit omaha 8/b and won both of those lol. The SADDEST part of when I played a limit sng, is that I didn't even notice it was limit until about 30 hands into it, I was dealt AK, and someone raised, and I tried to go allin, and I was like, wtf? When you're multitabling and not playing many hands, it's hard to notice some stuff like that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. All though I looked at some of my notes and wrote down like "raised minimum utg with AK, lol"

[/ QUOTE ]

It is like I am reading an exact copy of my own experience here. About once evry 300 SNG's I seem to misclick and join a limit tourney. Invariably I don't have a rasiable hand til level 3 and wonder where my slider bar went! Then I laugh out loud when I ususally have a note that says "plays like it is limit" on 1-2 players at the table, which is my code in a nL SNG for min raises and min bets..LOL

Regarding SNG theory that someone asked about..a 4 line nutshell would be:

Supertight early, possibly gettting lucky and doubling up on a monster, but you are not going to play many hands in lev 1-3.

Later, employing the "gap principle" and increasing the "gap" to initially uncomfortable levels.

A thourogh undertsanding of pot odds, especially when you are "forced" to call a preflop raise for your remaining chips.

Psychology of the bubble and how medium sized stacks behave when attacked when there are some tiny stacks left which are near elimination.

Regarding the PLO8 specifically, it lasted about 80 minutes and seemed more of a crapshoot than NL Hold em SNG's. I find it impossible to believe that the PLO8 SNG's could be as profitable on an hourly basis as NL Hold em.

MrX