View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: This needs to be settled, vote on Empire here

It is normal practice in many industries to turn away undesirable or unprofitable customers. Empire has been heavy-handed but there is no point in arguing that they have done something unusual.

[ QUOTE ]
free samples in the grocery store or free giveaways the day after Thanksgiving at retail stores

[/ QUOTE ]
Different industries have different problems. Notice the shortage of "grocery whores" who subsist solely on freebies and loss leaders. It's not practical for an appreciable number of people to patronize dozens of grocery stores where they buy nothing but loss leaders.

Empire's problem is real and solving it will mean that they get zero business from the whores. Whether this is accomplished by banning them or simply making the bonuses unavailable or unattractive to whores is really just a detail.

Multi solved the problem the other way by imposing a 20x requirement on the two most recent reloads. When I observed that I found this solution to be more appealing than banning, someone rightly observed that this is tough on the regular players who play 3-4 hours per week. They've made it difficult for a valued customer to enjoy the bonus they want him to have.

Finally I like to give thanks for all the good things in my life. One of those good things is not working in customer service for a poker room that gives the monthly reload to 95% of its customers while excluding a 5% whore list. I totally understand why Empire is not interested in the endless negativism and customer complaints such a policy would generate.