View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 08:39 PM

Default Re: quote for discussion...

i didnt compare bush to hitler...i read this statement and i think it is a pretty accurate representation of what is going on now. and terrorists did attack us 3 years ago, only problem is they had nothing to do with iraq...sure it has been said that most of the terrorists were saudis and im sure im a "wacko liberal" for bringing it up but it is a tad nonsensical that the main country we are focusing on is iraq. in its context my quote still makes perfect sense. the administration did their best to convince us that iraq had attacked us, when in fact they had done nothing of the sort. we never "fought the war on terror" against the country that harbored most of the attackers, saudi arabia. it is a bit troubling that people would respond "yeah, not like terrorists attacked us or anything" to this quote. with that attitude, sure, lets go get saudi arabia. but immediately going after iraq is suspicious at best. and for the approval for the war, american people had to be lied to, which was exactly what the quote was pointing out.

rj