View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Why all the secrecy here?

[ QUOTE ]

Aside from the odd event organized for the players, being an affiliate is pretty much hands- and expense- free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, I'm going to quote this piece of idiocy again because I'm honestly not sure how this retarded perception of affiliates ever got started.

Do you honestly think affiliates just spend all day sitting at their computer hitting refresh on their Account page just to see how much of that sweet sweet rake you've generated for them? That we sit at our computers with a massive erection beating it off to your ever increasing MGR?

[censored] that: Affiliatedom is grunt work.

You're running a business; and in most cases you're doing it by yourself, or, maybe, with one or two primary helpers.

You do webwork. You do design work. You do advertising. You go fist fighting with other affiliates for the high volume players. You try and brainstorm ways to keep one step ahead of the hundreds of other affiliates who want to steal your ideas and open up their own version of [generic noun]rake.com.

On top of it all, you're trying to provide excellent customer service to hundreds of degenerate poker players, each of which views you as a giant scum sucking leech getting rich off of their hard work.

Yeah, its a regular bucket o'[censored] fun.

With that said: I don't intend to represent the views and opinions of all the other affiliates out there. I'm sure they all love you like you were their children and I'm just a bitter angry man because they won't refill my Xanex prescription.