View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Protecting the steal raise

Hey There (what the hell is your name anyway, or should I call you SA [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]),

To use the converter, go to this forum's FAQ and there is a link for it at the top. Click that and paste the Hand History into it for easy conversion. If this was on Party, you need to have the HH emailed to you to use it.

Raise on 3rd is ok (though I wouldn't do it everytime) b/c it's shorthanded, etc. In general, I think you're spewing but if you have a read the opponent is pretty aggro then you can try to outplay him I guess. On 4th, his board looks like a draw (flush, str8) so I'm actually surprised he folded to your 5th street bet. I guess he just had 8's and made you for aces so it worked this time. But I think with his board much of the time you're going to just be firing bet after bet into the pot without being sure if he's drawing or is just paying you with a pair. So, somewhat of a tight spot and I wouldn't tend to do it much without a read or occ. for randomness. You're at the table so play it as well as you can though.

Jeff