View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Two Hands for Review

Hand 1 - I wouldn't slow play this hand because it will look suspicious later when you raise, and there is a club draw. After you did slow play it I thought your turn play was appropriate. I would have probably raised the river bet, and if I lost to a full house curse myself for not betting the flop. With all that being said, to give a better answer I would need to know more about your opponent, if I was playing against a "rock" I would slow down a bit. If I was playing against a mediocre to weak player I would probably push (they may have fallen for your slow play trick).

Hand 2: Never slow play a 2 pair, it is to easy to counterfiet I would have made a pot sized bet on the flop. Your turn play was fine, I would be suprised if you are losing at this point. I guess there is the chance of a set, but I would probably have to pay that off. I am not sure I would push though, that may make it too hard for hand you are beating to call you, I would make a good size raise though.

Generally you should rarely slow play, unless you have a real monster, and want people to catch up. (ie. Top full, 4 of a kind, etc.)