View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Two Hands for Review

I think you are getting way too tricky. A check is often percieved as being stronger as a bet (except, of course, when it is weak) plus you allow draws to catch up and keep the pot small. You have a strong case of FPS (fancy play syndrome) that, if left untreated, will cause you to leave a lot of money on the table.

(note an argument can be made for some people checking both of these flops, my gut tells me however that you are getting too tricky for your own good and should bet)

Hand 1:
Bet the flop. You are ahead of everything except for 33, A3 here and will willingly stack off to either. Futhermore at these stakes it is extrtremely rare that someoene will fold any ace to you. Your preflop bet will raise the possibiity that you have a high pp but if you check the flop and then raise the turn a good player will have you squarely on AK.

Turn- You are forced to raise to build the pot. This gives away the stregnth of your hand. My advice for the turn is to bet the flop.
River- His bet comes off as a blocking bet to me. I would probably push not expecting to be called but not surprised if AQ/AJ just couldnt lay his hand down either. If im against a boat I rebuy, with stacks that are only 40bbs there is realy no other options IMO.

Hand 2:
Bet the flop ($25-$40, i like 25), if you make a lot of money in this hand it will be from playing fast against AK, AQ, A3s. You may get a call on the flop from KJ. YOU NEED TO BUILD A POT! (then bet $60 on the turn, all in on the river)

The way your hand played out, i guess call his turn raise and lead out for $50 or check raise him all in if you think he will bet. By checking the flop and going all in on the turn a thinking opponent will have you on AJ or a set.

Your two hands were playing for 40BBs and 36BBs. You might be better off posting in small stakes

-Steve