View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: KK hand in SB - 25 NL, good sized pot.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean you can "outplay" a field of donks with an unimproved over pair OOP? The way to get these guys money is making a real raise, expect 2 callers, and there won't be many decisions to make post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am definitely not saying it was the right play, I was just explaining my reasoning at the time.
My thoughts:
I thought I could push them off at the turn on an uncoordinated board with a big bet and not have to even go to a showdown. The bets they were trading in the first orbit were 2-3 bucks at the most and there was lots of folding on the turn. These seemed to be classic weak type players, playing lots of hands but folding to aggression, unless they had any piece of the flop. This seemed like an opportunity to grow the pot without giving away my hand- a perfect situation for a big pair (or so I thought).

Would you advise always playing big pairs fast? I tend to think so, in general, but I am fairly new to NL and playing fast here is not the same as in limit. Is 12xBB your normal opening strategy in this type of situation (big pair OOP)? Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.