View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: SSHE \"Hidden Outs\"

I read this last night, and i laid there thinking "I'll never know my opponents cards, and it will most likly be very rare ill get into this situation... So to answer these hidden out questions is a good waste of ten minutes". I answered the first and 2nd and last then moved on to the next pages of the book.

I guess it may come in when you hold say K8o on say a blind defence question(He's raised from button after he's been folding to, and your sat on the bigblind - this could be a bluff from him, so its to make you fold so he steals your BB).

Well if you have K8 and are worried about your kicker and he bets the flop and say the turn, you'll wonder what hands he may have.

Now we dont know he has KQ or AK or KT, So on a K99J board, you're wondering what you will split with, what you can beat and wheter you're ahead of any possible holdings.

If he has KT your hand isK8) = KK99J and his will be KK99J so you'll split.

But if you put him on KQ your screwed. You'd then weigh up the chances of him having each hand(Which is covered briefly in the first pages of his hand, something like KK or QQ vs your AK).

Am re-reading it before i go on to WTO/TOP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Although i had to skip alot of the start as i play 6max and the preflop was more aimed to 10/9 players(Full ring).

Hope i've helped, better get back to studying (this post is rushed).