View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Re: 2006 NFL Play-Off Scenarios...Are the Patriots playing for anythin

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I said this in an another thread, but this is the deepest AFC field I remember in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I firmly believe that every single team in the AFC playoff picture would have the number 1 seed in the NFC, if they played in that conference all year.

[/ QUOTE ]

not if you transplant them with Philly(or any other NFC east team) and leave Seattle untouched

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're suggesting the Giants/Redskins would have a better record than the Patriots, I'm pretty sure you're wrong. The only division the Pats would have a problem against is the NFC West and only because I think Seattle's offense might give them some trouble. Who else though in the NFC would be able to exploit the Patriots secondary? The Giants? Yeah, because Eli has proven himself as a solid QB this year.

The Patriots lost 5 games this year. 3 of them came against teams with high-powered offenses who can throw the ball down the field. (Colts, Chargers, Broncos) The other two games were, in my opinion, flukes. And when I say fluke, I mean the Patriots did not play to their ability, and lost the game, rather than they were out...talented (yes, i said outtalented). The only team in the NFC who really matches up well against the Pats are the Seahawks. If the Patriots play the Panthers/Giants/Redskins/Bears 10 times each, I think you'd find they'd win 60-65% of those games.