Thread: For Pro-Choice
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: For Pro-Choice

as it stands - I'm pretty much pro-life -

but since we establish death as the cecession of brain activity, I don't know why we don't define life in the same way and just put a 5 week limit on abortions - (about the time the brain stem develops, I think) -

I don't see how life begins at conception and then takes 5 weeks to reach a point of formation where it's capable of clinically dying as we define death.- The Line for life/death should be the same - period.

mostly, if we just preached safe sex, the number of abortions would go way down anyways...but Republicans would rather have 10000 knocked up women a month who can't afford to have kids then to piss off their Religious Base and suggest good sex education would prevent unwanted pregnancies.

Having said that, any society that feels a need to prey on it's weakest members strictly on idealogical grounds is a society that will not last - I can totally understand certain situations where an abortion is practical - having one cause a baby will [censored] up your hollywood career is reprehensible to me.

RB