View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Paradise Poker --worst site ever.

With 2900 posts, I'd assume you'd have been around long enough to know that posting "rigged" claptrap is poor form. It is also IMHO totally irresponsible -- we can get plenty of "rigged" whines in poker table chat windows, planting seeds so that new players freak out and stop playing when they hit a rough patch.

Let me help you: I have never seen one tiny drop of evidence that Paradise is rigged in any way. If you've read the information on Paradise's shuffling algorithm and RNG seed source, you'd be confident in the randomness of their cards.

I've written some articles on my just-started website about online shuffling algorithms, etc. Read the basic stuff, then go to the Paradise website and find their info.

Their cards are totally random. Their revenue model is this: rake pots. They don't care if you win or lose. They like to make money by raking pots.

Given the style of play there, what puny benefit could be gained by creating occasional "action hands" (a significant effort above/beyond a simple shuffling algorithm and rng) that would not be overwhelmed by simply improving the software to deal a few more hands per hour?

Its going to be a while before I cover all the "rigged" theories, so you'll have to be patient. My goal is that everytime I see a post with another "rigged" theory, I can quickly point to a list of articles which thoroughly address those worries.

Paradise went through a phase pre-SportingBet merger where the play was a bit tighter IMHO. Now, playing there is a real joy at low limits.

If you want to play at a site where top pair "wins more often" because there are rarely more than 3 to see a flop, go to the former party-skins, Prima during US evenings, and most Absolute .5/1 tables. That way, you can reduce your tilt-inducing "suckouts" and win 3 BB pots in happiness.