View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Most anticipated video games of 2005

[ QUOTE ]
It's exactly why Sega failed and why I see Nintendo going down the drain now that they're going to have real competition in their now core area of handhelds, although I think they'll always have the young kid niche

[/ QUOTE ]

Nintendo will fight to the end, but I think you're right. It's really kind of sad.

BUT!

I think you will see Nintendo go the same direction as Sega in about 4-7 years. We will still get the few great titles Nintendo holds the rights to (Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc.), but they wil be played on Microsoft or Sony systems.

Honestly, I think Sega tried harder to stay afloat than Ninendo is trying now. The Dreamcast was a great system, and they didn't have the "kiddie" stigma that Nintendo is still dealing with. It was just overlooked by people who had already given up on Sega (including the developers). It was a case of "too little, too late".

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pissed they don't have the latest Star Wars game - what the [censored] is that? Nintendo usually got all the Star Wars games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which Star Wars game? Nintendo only had the exclusive rights to a few of the Star Wars titles.

I'm currently trying to fly through Knights of the Old Republic: 2. I think that's one of the latest Star Wars games to be realeased (mid Dec). Nintendo didn't have the first KOTOR either. KOTOR is probably the best Star Wars game to ever be developed. There are a few of the older PC Star Wars games that could challenge KOTOR's title, but no other recent SW games can hold a candle to KOTOR.