View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 5diamond Hand

[ QUOTE ]
There are so many things that can go wrong for awada its scary in that spot that the concept of it boggles my mind. Dags needs to not have a monster, and the raiser cant have AA/KK/QQ/JJ because he is never folding, and you have to have something marginal, and not something slowplayed. Yeah he's in good position, but man I don't know. Then again, the pot is big and he's risking comparatively little to win it. I cant run those moves live yet, and i think in the current climate (in any climate really) there's not much place for them. Guys dont know how to play deepstacks so the money is really in trapping them I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has a concept I have been exploring in my mind and through discussions lately. So many of my tables lately in these big buyin live events have been insanely LAGGY. The only way I've been able to get chips at all is playing conservatively and getting value out of my winning hands. Of course, the table dynamics matter so much and I'm looking at a small sample size here, but it can't be discounted that there are a ton of LAGs out there now that dont fold.

I mean, I've had so many hands where MP will open to 5x the BB, the SB will reraise to 15x the BB, MP will just call. Flop will come like K83 and there is some action, etc. and then they turn over their cards and they've got A3 and KT?!? I mean, some of these players are just crazy and I really think it's hard to do anything but just wait for hands to get their chips, or wait for them to bust themselves.

If awada was making a move here, that's just amazing. I do often wonder if these guys are actually making plays in these spots or if they have hands. That's what makes them so good. Even us, as good players, can't figure them out. I mean, I would like to say that they always have it in spots like these, but there's no way for us to know.

Maybe Joe will stumble on this thread and give us some input.