Thread: 150-300 PAYOFF
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 05:47 AM

Default Re: 150-300 PAYOFF

I would call here 100% of the time. Youre raising preflop on a steal, the BB knows this. The flop is a paired board, and people love to make plays on paired boards, even tight players, especially against a stealers preflop range. There is still a decent chance the villain has complete air right now and it is also possibe that he is on a flush draw just like you are. Youre probably thinking how can the villain have nothing if he called your flop 3 bet. The answer is many people in this situation will still pay one small bet to see if they can pair up on the turn. When you check the turn you are basically inviting him to bluff you on the river so your hand is too strong to consider folding.

On another subject, I like your flop play but I dont like your turn check, becuz theres a decent chance your king high might still be the best hand, and it would be best if you bet the turn and force the villain to either correctly fold his 6 outer or incorrectly call. If the villain has a better hand than you, you still have outs anyways. And if the villain has a queen and he checkraises you on the turn, well thats annoying but thats poker, paying a little extra to draw to your hand sometimes is still worth it when you consider the times you win the pot with a turn bet, or you are betting the best hand on the turn.

If you bet the turn and the villain calls, and you miss the river, I would not bet, I would just show down my king high and see if its good since at this point the villain will never fold a pair or an ace, if he has a better king good for him. You can still beat any broken flush draw that didnt pair up.