View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: The best odds for/against god

[ QUOTE ]
It's not the a case of taking a gamble. If the claims of a religion in question ring true time and time again then it could be more favoured, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that the chances of a religion being true go far beyond the legitimacy of its claims and into the mathmatical and scientific probabilities that its foundations are possible.

all possible truths must be considered which does not seem good for any specific religion regardless of how many details that might hint at but not prove its foundation are verified as true or its position and acceptability in our world.

A religion could be more favored over another becuase of the quantity of its claims being proven true, but i don't believe that this would be a significant difference.

after considering all possibilities i think it's clear that no specific existing earthly religion can be placed at nearly high enough odds to give it serious consideration, but that's because i don't put high odds on christianity being true for example, as opposed to a more general belief.