View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Do you like \"just calling\" w/ AA from EP?

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes it can work out. Other times it will bite you in the ass. Yesterday I was playing a sng online and got pocket aces utg so I checked it. Blinds were 25/50, Someone late in position raises it up to 200. I made it 600 and he called. Flop is QQx. I check, he checks. Turn is another rag so I go all in. He calls, turns over Q7o. I don't know why he called my re-raise, but obviously I wasn't happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you got him to put in 15x the BB or so with Q/7 vs your AA? I would encourage him to do this every time... in NL a limp/reraise is about the only way to play AA from early position. Any reasonable raise will just get called (probably by to many people) and a big raise will get you only the blinds. Limp/reraise will often "anger" them and get them to call with a hand they would have folded if you had raised out early.

Not sure how well it works at 50/100 limit or 1000 buy-in NL as I don't play that high... but I would imagine those guys don't fall for it. But at 100 NL and 3/6 Limit they fall for it EVERY time.