View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: more annoyed losing buy ins than $$$

I have played a fair number of SNGs -- it doesn't bother me as much when I finish out of the money because the moment I enter the SNG I think of the money as gone and I can only win money or stay the same.

When playing cash games I guess I need to do a better job of not thinking of the money on the table as "mine".

I don't worry when my flush loses to a rivered full house in limit because I know it will happen x% of the time and it's just part of the game and I shrug it off and play my next hand. I know that it will happen x% of the time in NL/PL too, but rebuying bugs me. I think I've managed to be pretty good about not focusing on my wins/losses while I'm at the table in limit, but having to rebuy in NL/PL makes it harder to ignore.

I'm sure it will get easier over time. Maybe I just need to set some artificial limits when I start playing so I don't have to think about while it is happening (e.g., "I will play for 3 hours and buy in whenever I need to" or "I will rebuy up to 3 times then take a break").