Thread: My typical day
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: My typical day

[ QUOTE ]

Since I think day care is healthy for a child, of course it isn't preferable. Their current situation seems normal and healthy to me. Of course I don't try to bash others on the head with the bizarre idea that day care makes someone a bad mother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Time in daycare is better than time with a parent, even with money issues aside? Good Lord.

Are you really telling me 40 hours a week in daycare and 10 with the mother is better than the other way around? And I'm the one with bizarre ideas?

You're really not too bright are you? Did you read this earlier?

I'll say it again. 4 or 5 hours a week of interaction with other kids away form home is GREAT. NECESSARY. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I never said it wasn't. All daycare is not bad.

Was that somehow unclear?

I've said several times in several different ways daycare does not make someone a bad parent. I spelled out specific circumstances under which I consider it bad parenting.

I assume your kid will go to boarding school from birth through college. With so much rearing by strangers and so little time the parents, it will be the healthiest kid in history.

In your case I would buy it. Better yet just don't breed.