View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Something that\'s worked for me

[ QUOTE ]
I, like you, have found many HOHE randomizing strategies useful. If you have not read HOHE vol2 yet--it is a great, especially in dealing with progression of a tournament from the beginning (when blinds are small in relation to chip stack) to the final stages (when blinds and antes constitute a significant portion of one's stack.)

Interestingly, according to Harrington the lower-mid pocket pairs are playable at both ends of the extremes (when your chip stack is over 20x the starting pot is AND later when your stack drops below 6x the staring pot.) However, when your stack hovers bewteen 10-20x the starting pot, Harrington recommends avoiding playing low-mid pairs and suited connectors.

I am giving a rough paraphrase of Harrington's zone indetifications, Q and M theory'; others could provide a more articulate explanation...but the concept, as you have alluded to, is truly intriguing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, and thanks to all for feedback. I haven't got HOHE2 yet (asking for it for Christmas--hard not to buy it for myself). It sounds like I need it, though. I consistently make it to the final 6 of a 20-25 person tournament, but lately, when I get there, my chip stacks are anemic and it's all I can do to finish in the money (i.e., I'm not winning it).

However stupid this may sound, I'm not smart enough to implement Skalansky's gambling theory, so I'm using Harrington's suggestion about randomizing play as my way of implementing Skalansky, lol.

This week I'm going to open with 67s or 78s and see how that works. It's only $10! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])