View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Party Poker called me today..

While I was eating breakfast this morning Party Poker called my home phone. Now I haven't played on Party for a long time so I thought it was kind of weird that I was getting a call from them. The guy said something about me trying to make a deposit with my credit card but being declined because of my bank. I told him I didn't remember and he told me it was back in July (which is why I didn't remember). He said that now I would be able to make a deposit with my credit card and proceeded to tell me that I would get a 20% deposit bonus and it also sounded like he said that a free $10 was added to my account already as a bonus (it was a little hard to make out what he was saying because of his accent). I told him thanks for letting me know and was getting ready to hang up but he then asked for my 16 digit credit card number and said he was going to make a deposit for me! I told him no thanks, I'll do it on my own time and he proceeded to ask me for it again. I told him I'll deposit myself later if I decide I want to and then he just abruptly hung up without saying anything. I thought this call was very strange and rude. I also checked my PP account and I don't have $10 free like it sounded like he told me. Has something like this happened to anyone else?