View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 07:39 AM

Default Re: i give a free card w/ KQ and fold teh ribber w/ top two on lame board

Man all the posts are screwed because you didn't cut it off at the turn. Conciously or sub conciously i reckon most of you thought "OHHH turn he checked behind, he played the free card play. I didnt spot it but i do now i saw the turn action". Hey maybe some of you didn't, But miles cut the action off on the turn next time then show it once you got some replies.

I reckon you played it fine and in the "heat of the battle" i'd probably not have thought he's going for a free card.

On the turn yeh you failed to see the king may suck for him but he prob thought it sucked for you anyhow and if he wasnt on a flush draw he'd prob of bet. Gee he may have QTo and wanting a cheap showdown.

I just reckon you got unlucky and the way it went is ok.

River fold - Well flush draw it seems so he just hit it so it makes sense. If it wasn't a T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and say a 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] what do you think of a bet fold?

If he is on a flush draw he will raise,
If he has a 2pair he will probably Call/fold.

I dont see him raising anything else, and you could of been on a flush draw yourself(Bet for free card/Fold equity, You check thinking he'll bet and want to call, You hit your flush and bet...).

I say if it wasnt a T, because now an ace will probably call with a straight even though he fears a flush from you.

On the other hand if he held 2pair or something i.e. QTo and wanted a cheaper SD he may now fold fearing a straight or flush but i dont have him on 2pair... Most likly flush.

So in conclusion since it was a T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] its fine, you just got unlucky.

Next time turn off the sound to avoid the gay "BEEP BEEP" and think "what does he have?".

I mean you bet this flop and didn't check-raise because the 2spades right?

I reckon you played it fine.