View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: really annoying commerical with a message

[ QUOTE ]
I guess this makes me an a-hole or whatever, but I easily get frustrated with people who's job consists of talking to people, but they have a hard time speaking english.

It's sooo annoying. I think people need to understand that you're in AMERICA. We speak English.

You can speak all the foreign language you want at your house or with your friends, but don't get pissed at me if I look at you like you're stupid because you can't pronounce things correctly at your customer service job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bitched out a former employer via translator for not being able to speak english. They had accused me ([censored] Chinese people!) of making 1-976 calls on the company phone, like 24 of them in 5 minutes. His two daughters were holding the bill up and explaining to me that they were taking the money out of everbody's checks who had worked that day, exept for the older lady who was on shift. I told them that if they did that I was going to bring a lawyer into the eqaution and that the next time your dad wants to accuse me of something he can learn english and do it himself. They let it drop. To be fair though, he could speak a bit of english. One day I was smoking a cigarette out back and he started up his van. the fan belt was screeching like crazy. He popped the hood open and I told him that he needed to tighten the belt (he understood that somehow). He replied:

"No, no. I have spray!" [Holding a can of belt spray]