View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: The time i tried to outplay Huck Seed

[ QUOTE ]
Once, I played with Arod at Bellagio

[/ QUOTE ]

I played 15-30 with Arod at Bellagio about 2 years ago. Nice guy from what I can tell. On one hand I flopped quad Aces against him and he folded on the flop without a bet. On another hand I flopped 3 Aces. I bet into him on the turn. He paused for a moment and then said "You got an ace, huh?" I looked at him and asked "Do you ask the pitcher what he's going to throw you?" he smiled and said "Sometimes" and mucked his hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I have played with Mason as well

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my first experiences in playing poker in Vegas, oh maybe 7 years ago was at the Mirage. I was visiting and only played stud back then. I had never met Mason or Sklansky but had read 7 stud for Advanced players and these two guys were my heroes. There was a 15 stud game going stud at the Mirage. It was 3 handed. Mason was in the 1 seat. I sat down in the 2 seat. Before the hand was dealt Sklansky sat in the 3 seat and started talking to Mason. I was in awe. Could not believe I was sitting between my two poker idols. Sklansky played a hand or two and got up and went to another table. As soon as he left I played this hand against Mason. Mason had a Q up and raised. Next to act I had rolled up Kings. I just called. We saw 4th street heads-up. Mason aught a blank and I paired my door card giving me quad Kings. Mason mucked his hand before I could do anything. I turned over my cards and said "What a Four-king hand that was". Mason got up and went to another table and the game broke. That I believe is the only time I've ever played cards with him.

This is a news views and gossip Forum. This is the place to tell little poker stories like this. I think Smoothcall did a great job with his stories outlining some of his experiences with familiar names. Detractors be damned.

Vince