View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Final table -AJo

well, you're currently into the hand for ~8k and it will cost about 52k more to call. Calling certainly has merit if he has been playing as you describe by moving all in every so often to make sure he stays even. You do have a monster heads up hand with top pair, decent kicker and there are two draws out there for him to be going for, so he does not necessarily have to have you beat.

I suppose what this comes down to is how often he plays a hand for one of your raises. If he is still only playing 10% of his hands when you raise, then I'd fold here and look for a better spot than this since you will most likely get your 8k back within the next 15-20 hands (and this assumes that you don't make any hands yourself to value bet with).

the blinds are also very low in relation to the stacks, so this also argues for waiting to see if he'll actually play poker with you instead of simply pushing all the time.

you say you have the edge heads up and you have a deep stack for the final two players in a tournament. I'd lean towards a fold, but calling is probably correct against his range.