View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Vegas WSOP Trip Report

i've got a pretty good hunch on ass-smelling guy too.

you know...if he smelled THAT bad I wouldn't have TOO much of a problem saying his name.

I played in the $3k event this past Friday and huck Seed was next to me. He looked like he had just rolled out of bed....(but he didn't smell or anything...just a white t-shirt and show up at the tourney).
Reasonably talkative and nice in my time there.

Michael's 'trick' was pure crap. First time he did this I would NOT have been laughing.
My reaction from reading this..."what a dick."
2nd time he did this I would be asking all kinds of questions about whether such moves constituted an 'angle-shoot' and were permitted and/or were in the 'spirit' of the game.
I don't know enough about the rules myself to really know...but I would have no problem asking the question to the dealer...and calling the floor/director if necessary.

It was a REALLY crappy way to see the guy's cards and I'm pretty unimpressed.

I also might have mention something to poker-hippy about getting all sorts of orange-slime on the cards.

I'm a nit. Big deal.
I think we have a right to play without guys smelling like ass OR guys making borderling illegal angle-shoot type plays.

Played a single-table sat and big, sweaty guy in seat 1 seemed nice enough. Dealt or floored at some private-room in Pittsburgh or something. I noticed he was wearing a night-club type wristband which had to have been from the night before. He got eliminated in 4th place and both the dealer and seat 2 were talking about how badly he smelled. I was in seat 6 and couldn't smell him and they were both surprised that I couldn't even though I was on the other side.
That guy must have smelled REALLY bad. They kept trying to square the table around so they could get a few inches further away from him.
Impressive.

Spiderman sounded pretty cool though and I really enjoyed the reports.

Very nice report.

Although I haven't seen either movie...so I would have told him that I really enjoyed his performance in WonderBoys.

Nice report.