View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: a very important 1/2 hand from Vegas last week - did I blow this?.

there is probably other history here I'm missing - but let me just say this..

He didn't go stone cold silent - once I started talking to him he opened right up and was clear he didn't think my hand was good - so I'm fishing for a response, but it's not taking any effort - he wasn't afraid to be a chatty drunk.

Part of the reason I'm putting so much time into the hand is because I believe this session/night to be the most important night of poker I have ever played - so I'm analyzing the last hand of said session - LOL. When it's done, the total write up is over 10 Word pages...

I don't know if I should put it in B&M, Brags, NL, or Psychology - but I will say this.

If I EVER had an excuse to tilt. - EVER, it was two hrs. prior to this hand. Circumstances dictated and immediate blow-up and pissing away of all my chips, and I held it in and I was still there on my original buyin because I DIDN'T tilt.

I also have been reading Charlie Shoten's book, and he stresses how you play, not how much you win. TT said something similar to me over a pizza with MaxPower in Atlantic City, but it didn't kick in until I backed down on the booze.

If you make the right play, and you lose, but it was the right play, then that's it. You won. If I get my money in as a 95% fav. and lose on the river, this doesn't mean I'm a loser - it just means I found that 5 Percent variance but I made the right play.

So what I sorta felt and what I'm gathering from responses is that I should have bet the turn and committed my chips there instead of dragging it out, but that a crying call on the river is probably necessary. It's probably no more or less of a mistake to not call here, but it was a mistake not making a bet on the turn.

I made a mistake and now the best play, while sub-optimal, is a call.

anyone else?

RB