View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: First Time in Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to bump, just want some more info on the poker games in vegas. Also something I forgot to ask, So if I wanted an omaha high low game on a tuesday the only game I could find is the 4/8 with a kill on the orleans? Just want to have everything planned to not waste time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, the omaha hi/lo game is a very rarely played game in vegas. I went there about 2 weeks ago and I found one game at the bellagio for 4/8 which was basically short handed 6 or less for hours on end full of the wildest players i've ever seen. These guys would cap the betting preflop with 6787 double suited and continue to river with a TTJ flop. It was just about the most aggressive game I have ever seen in my life for omaha hi/lo and its my favorite game to play here in CA.

If you really want to make some good money, you need to brush up on your NL skills, every donkey and his mother's uncle is playing it. You take some pretty vicious beats, but if you happen to run hot, you'll make a killing in some of the 100 or 200 buyin games at the bellagio, mgm or wynn.