View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: a 2+2 oddity...a postflop problem

I don't think it's at all ridiculous to think villain could have QJ of hearts, specifically. He continues to like his hand because he still has TP and now he's picked up the flush draw, as well. Villain then decides to push his opponents and hope his play makes his opponent (our Hero) to do exactly what he did...fold a better hand...but he's armed with the comfort of the hearts now if he gets called or rr'ed.

I dunno, I still think villain's overplaying KQ here a lot of the time, as well...and there are some times where you're chopping with another AQ. Sure, there are a few times that 66 is a possibility...probably not 22 as much...and very rarely 77. I just think these other scenarios are happening much more often and that putting him to the test on the flop is a better option...

Well, rather -- that calling and waiting for the turn does not give you enough new information to justify the call for 20% of your stack instead of the push.

Obviously, it worked out in this situation...congrats. I wasn't sitting at the table, and maybe you should trust your instincts. From looking at it on paper, I'll still stand by my original argument. But nh.