View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:34 AM

Default B&M live poker : Duh?

I played at the WYNN 8-16 and at the BELLAGIO 15-30 live for the first time in my life. My hands were trembling, I mishandled chips/bets, forgot to tip most of the time (and tipped later with apologies). I was a telegraph station, I think.

I found the experience very boring. I was full of tells (I presume) and still came out way ahead. My cards were running average. I didn't think much of the opposition. Some got angry at my "I don't chop". They didn't even answer my "good night" at 4:00 AM when I walked out with 2 extra racks than I sat in with. Loose-Passive and weak-tight for the most part. Some slow rollers too. Some played the part of "long term LV pros". Duh!. Kept pushing them off best hands, etc.

My impression of the dealers is that they are a greedy bunch that take tips for granted. The easiest money ever earned was by the dealers. Not even a likeable bunch.

All in all, an interesting experience, just for learning that online is way better, faster and lower rake/no tips.

If I could play 200 hands per hour live, this would be a gold mine.

Anybody else agree or I was in untypical games/conditions?.

I can't even consider a live grind at poker. Hats off to anyone that has climbed the ladder playing live poker.

Edit: Extraordinary buffet at the WYNN for $34. I did not eat at the Bellagio.