View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: 5/10 OOP set vs overpair

i like the lead into his AA/KK on the flop. It gives him a chance to get a lot more money into the pot before any more cards that can kill some action.

often i would go for the lead-3bet all in if raised. This can make villain put you on a big draw and make a him call all-in drawing to two outs.

another line i sometimes take is to lead, then debate and call the raise. then pray for a non-3flush turn, check, and hope he blows it up on the turn to 'knock you off your flush draw'. and then get it in with him being pot committed.

all that said, that isn't how the hand played out, but i like the flop bet.

as far as how the hand did play out with just being called on the flop, i think i continue to lead the turn.

this will give him a chance to 'spring his trap' if he has AA/KK. leading into the flop, and then check-raising the turn can scare off even the donkiest of opponents holding big cards. also isn't giving a free one in the off chance he is holding a big draw that he decided to play passively.

you want to play a big pot on this flop and turn, and villain seems reluctant to comply. so the money has to be put in yourself.

i lead the turn for 1/2 - 3/4 pot. and expect to be either raised here half the time, or villain will call another decent bet on the river if he went into call-down.