View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Is this worth peeling?

[ QUOTE ]
This seems to happen to me unusally frequently...
Raise AhQh, button defends(button checkraises here only if he has a pair of 7 or better).

Flop Kh7d2c
We get checkraised... is this worth peeling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, how can the button checkraise?

I think you are saying you have position and are on the button and raise the blinds? Or you are raising a limper? Significant difference IMO.

If you KNOW he isn't CRing without a 7 or better, then...

Generally I don't continue here unless I have some specific read on the player and his CR standards given this uncoordinated board. You have a backdoor draw and possible overcard outs. He could be CRing A7 or some Kx or even a pocket. If you are behind to a K you are drawing to 3 outs, if you are sharing an A in the hole, you are still drawing to 3 outs with the Q but can't press when you hit the card in fear of being behind to the K.

So even if you improve, it may improve him as well. I think it's a fold, especially if you are behind to some x7, 88+.

Say its HU and he is the BB, you raised PF..so 4.5SB in the pot, you bet, he CRs you are getting 7.5:1 on your call. At best, even if you have 6 clean outs...you are getting nearly 7:1 so it would be a call to see the turn IF you knew those outs were clean or had a more solid read on the player (i.e knew he'd wait for the turn to CR a flopped K).