View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Gold Strike WPT Jan 2006

I was there last year and there was a ton of pot limit omaha at the goldstrike and a lot of limit omaha/8 at the horseshoe which is right next door to the goldstrike. I happened to be in Memphis for Thanksgiving, so I stopped down to tunica on saturday night and talked to people in both the goldstrike and horseshoe about what the cash games would be like this year, since the tourney moved to the grand. The poker room manager in the horseshoe said they were adding 17 extra poker tables to the pit outside of the poker room, but the goldstrike wasn't clear on what was going on as far as cash games. The goldstrike tourney has only holdem tournaments, so I don't know if they will have the same pot limit omaha action they had last year. I'm guessing there is a chance that the big cash games will move to the grand, because that is where last years tournament is being held this year. If anyone has any information on where they believe all of the limit omaha/8 and pot limit omaha games will be going on at I'd be very appreciative as I will be going down for a couple weeks to play in cash games.