Thread: Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Suggestions

i have not chimed in on this other game discussion. however, you folks make some good points.

year one will be NLHE for all events. in year two we will introduce a PL event and a Limit event. Perhaps the PL event will be PLO/8 to get the high low players an event and the Omaha Players as well.

as far as a stud event, or any other exotics (please don't scream at me for classifying stud as an exotic. i am fully aware that it came first with popularity), we will discuss adding additional events in year 2.

we can see that we would have been able to fill a larger schedule for this first year. some sites are willing to take 2 or 3 months. we will capitalize on this in year 2 and perhaps have it cover 15 events plus a finals.

from the standpoint of the sponsors, we would not expect any of them to take a NON-nlhe event this first year as this may put them at a disadvantage considering nlhe is the tourney of choice these days. for instance, while i love the idea of a stud event, i think that would have been a hard one to get sponsored in this first season. next season there will nothing that is hard to get scheduled.

keep the comments coming folks. this is the place for it and they will be noted.

thx graham