View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Bluffing on the turn, and catching a monster on the river

Thank you very much for the reply manimal. Given your analysis which makes sense to me I have come to the conclusion that my play on the turn could of been incorrect, let me elaborate on this though. As you said if I can get people to fold, this play is good. However, I made this move without having a read on my player which is why I think this may have been wrong. The thing about players at this limit though is a lot of them don't know how to bet and I frequently find that when I make a play like this they fold when they make a stupid bet like that (on occasion though I do get called, especially by people who are making a pathetic semi-bluff play on a flush draw). So I dunno if I should give up this play or not. There is one player at this limit I have found who is weak tight and when I enter raised pots and he makes a small bet relative to the size of the pot this play works.

So, I have some questions. Should I just wait for higher limits to make bluffs like this? Also I find at these limits those min bets frequently indicate weakness, is this the case at higher limits? And should I only do plays like these when I have a read on my opponent?