View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 01:19 AM

Default O/8 Playing for High/Bet the flop?

I have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

There are seven people seeing the flop, everyone limping in, I've the first to act. The flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Cappalletti's is to bet high hands, even if they don't look like they hit, so I bet, although I may be misapplying his advice, since no low is possible on this flop.

Is this a good bet? I need a Q or some kind of runner/runner it looks like. So 3 clean outs, and a couple of more, enough to take a card off, but I don't want to be raised. There's no low possible, so no need to clear out the riff raff.

Is there any good reason to bet here? It looks to me like checking would be better.

(Note: this has is from the early round of a tourney; the stacks don't matter. I'm posting it here because I thought I'd get better feedback as most of the tourney players play hold 'em.)