View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: 50/100 vs mahatma

This decision depends so much on flow and game play that I suspect you had a better sense of what to do in the moment that anyone can give you on this board now. That being said, I'll give it a whirl.

For a certain type of player, your smallish flop bet means one of two things -- either you flopped a set (probably kings) and are hoping that a weak lead will draw a reraise, or you have TT-QQ and hope that he completely whiffed. I don't have any idea whether Mahatma views you as this type of player, but maybe so given your description of the hands where you flopped a set.

Either way, if you lead the turn, I feel that he is going to give you credit for a hand. Put another way, I don't see him raising you on the turn (which is the real fear here) unless he beats a hand like AK.

If you check the turn, I think that he is going to check behind a lot of the time. Still, you are going to be in a difficult spot on the river because guys like Mahatma eat blocking bets for the lunch.

All things considered, if you think that he will read you as I described above, I vote for 3/4 pot bet on the turn. I would have hate to give him a free one if he has something like 67 here.