View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: A Post Deleted in the WPT Forum

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's obvious that over-moderation has become a huge issue in WPT.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not obvioius. The only thing that has happened recently is that more people have been suspended for insult posts (directed both at other posters and at TV players).

There are appear to be two reasons for this:

1. The number of insult posts went up significantly. I think that ESPN's airing of the WSOP is the reason for this. That show generates a lot of reactions.

2. The increase in the # of insult posts caused toleration of it to go down. So, in additon to the # of posts going up, the % of people getting suspended for it went up as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I for one agree with your actions in WPT 100%. People are totally overreacting about any suspensions, etc. The policies are very simple - pure insults and putdowns are not tolerated. If people call someone an [censored] and talk about specific hands, why it was a donkey play, etc, then that's a different story.

In the case of PaulP, I agree with Mason's stance on this. Paul had plenty of chances to avoid posting something inflammatory. Sure, his original post probably shouldn't have been deleted necessarily, but based on his follow up post he's just a guy looking for attention. Anyone who reads his blog knows he loves to post links to things talking about himself, and I'm sure he loves the fact that people are talking about him.

It's not like he was a constant contributor anyway. He did post some good thoughts here and there, mostly in MTT, but otherwise did he really add a lot of value to the forum? I can't say that this "loss" will affect the forum at all.

My 2 cents.