View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

its a tricky spot and if they both get busted he gets the seat. thats what makes it tricky, that you can lose and still get the seat and if he wins you will be in bad shape whether you call or not. even though it would be nice to have your hand in there to give a better chance at knocking him out i think i let the other guys handle this one as i think the chances of winning a seat due to my hand beating him and no one else beating his is less than my chances of preserving my chips and being in a desperate but not dead shape if he does survive. if i would be all in in the blind the next hand then i would obviously call but in this situation you still have a little time to pick up a hand or at least double up and get through the blinds and have another round to let someone else mess up.
people do dumb things during the endgame of these tournys and i find it best to give them every resonable opportunity to commit a big blunder. some math guy may be able to prove disprove this in this situation though but i think that the advantage of your hand possibly knocking him out is less than the chance of you still winning a seat if you fold and give yourself a chance even if he wins.
matty